Want to see my art? Look Here!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/45958396@N08/show/ ---------- Every piece on this page was done by me so please do not use these images without noting where it came from (Jessica Draheim). Thank you!

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Mr. Lumpy Old Milk Creamy White




I started dating this guy when i got out of a long term relationship. I met him through a friend of a friend of a friend who all became closer friends eventually.... anyways. He seemed nice and responsible and... tall. And 21.... so we went on a date. First date: He's late but picks me up in a showy car and we head to a movie which we are and hour late for because he didn't realize how far away it was... even though he lived in the area his whole life. On the way to the movie... we pull up next to... HIS MOM! And she tried to hand him a sandwich thru the window! When we get to the movie which was semi-ok and he doesn't try to hold my hand or anything so we go to dinner. At first he tells me we're going to some place like... Wendy's but we end up at a nice japanese place instead. The convo was... adequate but it's obvious that he's uncomfortable with silence. Long story short... we go on three more dates and the convos get more boring (aka focussed on his work... which I dont understand or care about and not focussed at all on getting to know him as a person... or me).  Then he starts getting really lame.... his jokes aren't funny and he says weird things (like imitating Scooby Doo and acting "ghetto"....). And at the next movie we went to... i started to smell something tangy? It got all up in my nose and it's little smelly fingers started scratching my nostrils painfully. It was a horrible smell. 2 days later, he came over to hang out and i smelled that horrible stench again... i eventually put two and two together and realized it was his cologne. I love cologne... all but this ONE cologne. And he was wearing it. It was a sign.
I ended up breaking it off out of boredom and annoyance. Once i found out that he had 4 cars but still lived with his parents in a one story house... i figured we had different priorities. Especially when, for our second date, he wanted to take me shopping and then watch a movie... in his bedroom in his parents house.
You know how when someone is tone-deaf they sometimes don't know it and think they are actually really good at singing?  He was like that.... but with life....

No comments:

Post a Comment