Want to see my art? Look Here!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/45958396@N08/show/ ---------- Every piece on this page was done by me so please do not use these images without noting where it came from (Jessica Draheim). Thank you!

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

And.Jessica.Dabbles

We all licked our lips
Ready for the kiss
Surrounded by the numbness
Empty and thoughtless
But then I looked around
And suddenly felt the ground
It rushed up form underneath
And nearly knocked me off my feet
Then as things slowed
Somehow the truth was shown
And as I walked away
Wishing it were a different day
Something changed in me
I saw a new way to be
And from the place I used to lie
I would rise up and fly
I felt beauty born
And I was no longer torn
I knew I would be fine
I knew that my heart was mine.





















I put on those soft tunes
I sit in an empty room.
The walls are so bare
But I can’t let myself care.
I push off the ground
And start spinning round.
The bare walls turn fast
And I start to see my past.
I close my eyes tight
Until I see a bright light.
I open them wide and see
That a new world is around me
The walls crumble down
As I spin around
And all my past and all my wants
Fade to ghosts who no longer haunt.
Everything blends
As the ceiling bends
Light shines in all hues
Lights that I never knew
And all of my fears and all of my worries
Fade away and im here, I’m in no hurry
But as the spinning slows
And I forget what I’ve known
The only sound to be heard
Sounds like the spring’s first bird
It’s my own voice
No longer making a choice
I ask for things I don’t know
I ask for more lights to glow
I don't know what I want
But im willing to hunt
I wanna break down
But then I look around
And see these walls.
They stand so small.
Everything’s back
But now I know what I lack
So I try to spin
But can’t move again
And so I sit here.
And so I just sit here.
The music has stopped
So I start from the top
But this time I sing
The songs my heart brings
And they don’t stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment