Want to see my art? Look Here!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/45958396@N08/show/ ---------- Every piece on this page was done by me so please do not use these images without noting where it came from (Jessica Draheim). Thank you!

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

So I Look to the Sky



The grey muck of this dirty city is frequently punctuated with screeching notes of sirens, screams, hollers, construction, and some sounds I just cant identify. Last night, however, I was truly frustrated with the streets apparent decision to keep me awake. As I was falling asleep, I heard a woman singing at the top of her lungs and then a man holler at her asking where she was going. The following noises were fuzzy and confusing but made me picture horrible things. This is not the first time that sounds at night have made me imagine various crimes from CSI re-enacted under my window sill but to top it off, a jack hammer set off a store alarm that continued to sound for hours and hours like one of those sci-fi gadgets that melts alien brains.

So when my assignment in painting class was to do a city scape... I obviously had mixed feelings. I decided to paint a reminder to myself to always remember that there is a huge world outside of this city that I will be a part of soon. So I look to the sky.


This isn't the best picture of the painting but it'll do.

No comments:

Post a Comment