Want to see my art? Look Here!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/45958396@N08/show/ ---------- Every piece on this page was done by me so please do not use these images without noting where it came from (Jessica Draheim). Thank you!

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Smooth Rides Are Boring

I just got back from a spring break trip to Arizona and there, I learned a very good lesson: how not to make friends with the staff at a resort.
The first day that my family and I spent at the pool, I went to get breakfast before hand with my sister. In this little cafe i saw that they had VOSS water which comes in these nice glass bottles. I have a pension for bottles so i bought one. Once we got to the pool, my sister started reading the pool rules which were posted right behind our seats and number 1 on that list was "no glass bottles". I put my bottle in my purse until a few hours later when the pool boy brought over a pitcher of water and plastic cups. The cups were blowing around in the wind so i took out my VOSS water and placed the cups upside-down on top of it to keep them still.
Around noon we went to eat lunch on the other side of the pool at the pool restaurant and towards the end, my sister finished eating and headed back to our seats (which we could see from our table). A while later, my mother and I looked over at our chairs and see 3 of the pool staff hovering around our chairs. Then my sister texts my mother telling us that my glass bottle had smashed on the ground when one of the waitresses had moved the table it was on. Of course our chairs were right in the middle of a major walk way and one foot from the pool edge, both of which were covered in shards of glass.
My plan was to stay at the restaurant until it was over with but my mom made me go apologize. We then spent a good hour helping to pick up glass pieces (mostly by stepping on them) and watching an old man vacuum the pool deck and the pool floor.
I essentially single-handedly closed down half of the pool b/c I ignored the pool rules. Let that be a lesson to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment